- Plan, develop, coordinate, review and evaluate all of the professional development
- activities that take place at the
- Responsible for planning Flex Day activities for the scheduled District-wide days as well
- as local, college-wide, on-going Professional Development
- Establish priorities and procedures and make advisory recommendations in each of the
- following areas: collaborative/special projects, institutional subscriptions and
- memberships, individual travel and conferences, tuition reimbursement, and unique staff
- development needs of counselors and librarians**
- Supervise the Sabbatical Leave Process for faculty**: conduct workshops, evaluate and
- approve applications with recommendations to the College President and the Chancellor
- Oversee the Retraining Leave Process for faculty**
- Issue twice yearly report to the College Community and the District Officer of Staff
- Development: on expenditures, funding priorities, procedures, deadlines, activities,
- schedules of meetings, attainment of goals, needs assessments,
* Refer to the PFT Contract article concerning “Professional Development Funds” for additional information.
**Per the PFT Contract, only the faculty and administrators on the Committee can vote on sabbatical leaves, retraining leaves and the expenditure of PFT funds.
- Three (3) administrators selected by the College President
- Three (3) faculty members: one selected by the Merritt Academic Senate, one selected by the Merritt PFT Chairs and one selected by mutual agreement between the Merritt Academic Senate and the Merritt PFT
- Three (3) classified/confidential staff selected by the Merritt Classified Senate
- The Committee Chair of the Professional Development Committee (who must be a faculty member) shall be appointed by the Professional Development Committee
1st and 3rd Thursdays of the month, 9:00 am. to 10:00 am. Except holidays and intersession terms.