Merritt College Fitness Center
The state-of-the-art Fitness Center offers students new equipment including exercise machines, cardio equipment, free weights and more. See the variety of classes and more information below.
Click here to find out classes available (under Kinesiology) and enroll now!
Fitness Center classes
(Orientation is required for new and returning students.)
|Fitness Center Courses||Title||Unit|
|KIN 36||Aerobic Circuits||0.5|
|KIN 37 (A,B,C,D)||Core and Restore – Series||0.5|
|KIN 54 (A,B,C,D)||Cross Fitness – Series||1|
|KIN 58 (A,B,C,D)||Fitness Center Strength Training – Series||0.5|
|KIN 60 (A,B,C,D)||Circuit Training for Strength – Series||1|
Mon-Thu, 7 a.m.-5 p.m. • Fri, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. • Building A, Room 113
More about the Fitness Center…
The Fitness Center classes give students an opportunity tohave an opportunity to develop their fitness. This includes conditioning with exercises and apparatus with emphasis on overall improvement of the cardiovascular system.
Activities focus on using life bicycles, treadmills, life fitness machines (18 stations), dumbbells, and barbells. This class is open to all levels: beginning, intermediate and advanced.
• Develop a positive attitude toward physical fitness and its benefits toward developing a healthy body.
• Understand that regular exercise improves self-concept and that well-being reduces stress, and helps maintain proper body weight.
• Improve your quality of life through physical fitness.
Dress for Class
• You must wear athletic shoes. No street shoes, sandals or open-toed shoes are allowed.
• You must wear athletic clothes: sweatpants, shorts, tights and t-shirts are acceptable. Jeans are not allowed.
Signing In and Out
• Sign in and out on the computer every time you leave the Fitness Center to receive the correct hours.
• Consequences for not signing out are no credit for that day. Maximum single work out time is 2.5 hours. Failure to comply with the rule will lead to a NO PASS or an F.
• If you are officially enrolled in the class, it is your responsibility to officially drop the class by the drop date.
Cell phones are not allowed. If you are using your phone for music, please put the phone in your pocket. You should be hands-free at all times during the workout. If you do not comply, you’ll be asked to leave the classroom.
Alcohol and drugs are not allowed. If you are intoxicated by alcohol or drugs, you will be asked to leave the facility or te sheriff will be called.