WHO WE ARE
The Adult Transitions Program is a consortium of Community Colleges and Adult Schools in collaboration with Community Based Organizations to enable adults (18+) to advance education, obtain employment, and improve wages through a comprehensive California partnership.
WHAT WE DO
- Deliver presentations at local adult schools and community-based organizations regarding college Career & Technical Education (CTE) as well as traditional programs.
- Assist groups in scheduling campus tours.
- Provides supportto new and returning students as they transition into a Peralta college.
- Provide guidanceto students completing the online admissions application, completing the online financial aid application (FAFSA / CA Dream Act), and meeting with a counselor to develop your Student Education Plan (SEP).
- Connectnew and returning students to campus resources and support services as well as student groups and learning communities for continued support, guidance, and connection.
Partnering with Merritt College
- Adult who is starting college for the first time and needs hands on assistance.
- Adult who is currently enrolled in an Adult School – High School Diploma equivalent program and would like to concurrently enroll with Merritt College.
- Adult who is interested in English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL).
- Working adult who is interested in transitioning from one career to the next and a degree or certificate is needed to achieve that goal.
- Representative of an Adult School, Community Based Organization, Court, Jail or Community school that is interested in partnering with the Merritt College to achieve client’s academic goals.
Regular Hours – Building D, Room 178
Monday Thru Fridays, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.