Merritt Adult Transition Program
WHO WE ARE
The Adult Transitions Program is a consortium of Community Colleges and Adult Schools in collaboration with Community Based Organizations to enable adults (18+) to advance education, obtain employment, and improve wages through a comprehensive California partnership.
WHAT WE DO
- Deliver presentations at local adult schools and community-based organizations regarding college Career & Technical Education (CTE) as well as traditional programs.
- Assist groups in scheduling campus tours.
- Provides supportto new and returning students as they transition into a Peralta college.
- Provide guidanceto students completing the online admissions application, completing the online financial aid application (FAFSA / CA Dream Act), and meeting with a counselor to develop your Student Education Plan (SEP).
- Connectnew and returning students to campus resources and support services as well as student groups and learning communities for continued support, guidance, and connection.
Partnering with Merritt College
Please contact Dr. Victor Littles, Project Manager, Transitions Liaison at VLittles@peralta.edu, 510-434-3998 (office), or 510-854-8016 (cell/text) if you are any of the following:
- Adult who is starting college for the first time and needs hands on assistance.
- Adult who is currently enrolled in an Adult School – High School Diploma equivalent program and would like to concurrently enroll with Merritt College.
- Adult who is interested in English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL).
- Working adult who is interested in transitioning from one career to the next and a degree or certificate is needed to achieve that goal.
- Representative of an Adult School, Community Based Organization, Court, Jail or Community school that is interested in partnering with the Merritt College to achieve client’s academic goals.
Regular Hours – Building D, Room 178
Monday Thru Fridays, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.