Student Accessibility Services (SAS)
Due to the virus, only Online SAS Counseling is available, now, until further notice, and perhaps beyond.
Welcome to Student Accessibility Services (formerly Disability Services Program).
Student Accessibility Services (SAS) is here to help you during these difficult times. You can get information or make an appointment with a SAS Counselor by either calling us at (510) 436-2429, emailing us at SAS.email@example.com, or your counselor for assistance. We will return calls and emails in 24-48 hours on Monday-Fridays. We look forward to hearing from you.
To register with SAS you are responsible for the following:
- Complete these required forms. Sign electronically by typing your name on the form and email them as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org (here is the link to the fillable forms)
- Email the high school IEP, medical, or psychological verification document from your doctor about your disability diagnosis.
- Acknowledge that you read the Guide to Accommodations Student Handbook from the link here.
- Accommodations are campus-specific.
Our mission is to:
• Empower students with disabilities for success.
• Provide services to minimize the limiting effects of a disability.
• Advocate for the needs and rights of students with disabilities.
• Create a “level playing field” in the classroom.
Our goals are to:
• Focus on the true ability of students.
• Determine and provide individualized accommodations.
• Foster equal treatment through all Merritt College Programs.
• Promote awareness of disability rights and the philosophy of equal access.
Please be aware that all continuing Student Accessibility Services students must request accommodations in advance of each semester.
All continuing students must also meet with their counselor at least twice
each semester. We look forward to seeing you.