Merritt Mental Health Counseling Services
We provide FREE, confidential Personal Counseling for Merritt students needing assistance with:
- Stress management
- Anxiety, depression, grief, and other emotional challenges
- Recovery from trauma, relationship violence, and abuse
- Addiction counseling and sobriety support
- Referrals for help with material needs like shelter, food, and safety
- Assessments for disability accommodations and services
During the COVID-19 shutdown, services are offered via Zoom on your computer or by phone. To request an appointment, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- Your full name
- Your Peralta Student ID number
- Your preferred meeting days/times (meetings are 60 minutes)
- 1-2 sentences about why you are seeking counseling at this time
You will receive an email response within 48 hours, Monday – Friday.
We look forward to meeting you!
Need help RIGHT NOW? Call the 24/7 Mental Health Crisis Hotline:
1 (800) 309-2131
If you or someone you know is struggling with difficult life circumstances or uncomfortable thoughts and emotions, the Alameda County Crisis Line is here to help. You do not need to be experiencing suicidal thoughts or feelings to call. Trained Crisis Line Counselors are available 24/7 to take your call.
• You can also text the crisis line by texting the word ‘COURAGE’ to 741741
• If you feel you or someone you know is in imminent danger, call 911 immediately
• Go to https://www.crisissupport.org/ to learn more about the resources offered