Welcome! The Merritt Wellness Center is OPEN in R-106
Fall and Spring Semester Hours:
|Mondays:||11:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Tuesdays:||8:30 am – 3:30 pm|
|Wednesdays:||8:30 am – 3:30 pm|
|Thursdays:||12:00 pm – 7:00 pm|
|Fridays:||Video counseling by appointment|
FREE mental health counseling is available in face-to-face and virtual formats to all Merritt students. Scroll down to “Services We Offer” for more information.
If you currently feel unsafe or need immediate assistance, use these resources 24/7:
- Crisis Support Services of Alameda County: Call 1-800-309-2131 or 9-8-8 for live 24/7 crisis counseling. More info: https://www.crisissupport.org/
- 2-1-1 Bay Area: Call 2-1-1 from anywhere in the Bay Area for up-to-the-minute referrals for help with food, shelter, medical/mental health care, finances, and legal issues.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255, or in Spanish at 1-888-628-9454. This is a 24-hour crisis hotline for anyone in the country.
- Crisis Text Line: Text “Home” to 741741. Chat through text with a trained Crisis Counselor.
- Peer-to-Peer Warmline: Anyone in California can call 1-855-845-7415 to speak with a trained peer counselor or chat online at https://www.mentalhealthsf.org/peer-run-warmline/
- For all life-threatening emergencies, call 9-1-1
|Services We Offer|
We provide FREE, short-term, confidential mental health counseling for Merritt students needing assistance with:
- Stress management
- Anxiety, depression, grief, and other emotional challenges
- Recovery from trauma, relationship violence, and abuse
- Addiction counseling and sobriety support
- Referrals for help with material needs like shelter, food, and safety
- Assessments for disability accommodations and services
Mental health counseling is available in two formats: remotely (via video appointment) and in-person (at the Merritt Wellness Center, R-106). To request an appointment, click here:
We will respond within 24 hours, Monday – Friday.
We look forward to meeting you!