What is the CVC?
- CVC stands for California Virtual Campus. It is a collaborative effort among California Community Colleges (CCCs) to ensure that significantly more students are able to complete their educational goals by increasing both access to and success in high-quality online courses.
- The CVC-OEI is sponsored by the Foothill-De Anza Community College District as the recipient of a grant disbursed by the California Community College Chancellor’s Office (CCCCO). Composed of high-quality online courses, resources for students, and technology, the CVC-OEI represents a comprehensive and collaborative program that leverages effective practices and technology to significantly increase the opportunity for higher education degree attainment in California.
Once your classes are aligned to POCR, they will be searchable in the CVC Course Exchange!
- The exchange allows students currently enrolled in a home college (California Community College) to instantly enroll in online courses offered at other eligible colleges without filling out a separate application, or applying for separate transcripts.
- Home College – The ‘home’ where students are currently enrolled.
- Teaching College – College that offers courses via the CVC Exchange to students from other participating colleges
- The CVC displays real-time seat counts, and financial aid and academic transcripts are automatically transferred between the two schools. Online courses through CVC Exchange are the same cost as a student’s local college. There are no additional costs to use this service.
- California Virtual Campus website.