Project Success (ECMC) Emergency Funds
Grant Amount: up to $500.00*(limit over the life of the program)
Purpose: to assist students in dealing with unforeseen financial emergencies that, if not quickly resolved, could cause students to drop out of school.
How to Apply: Complete the online application
- Be enrolled part-time or full-time in a certificate, associate or bachelor’s degree program at the time of the aid request. Graduate students are not eligible.
- Have a GPA of 2.0 or greater at the time of application approval.
- Complete the online application provided by ECMC and upload supporting documentation of the financial need (i.e., required uninsured medical treatment, automotive repair estimate, documented notice of unexpected change in housing or utilities expense).
- Complete the required financial education courses through ECMC’s financial literacy platform, ECMC Learning.
- Benefit from having an expense paid with emergency aid through this program, not to exceed $500 during the life of the aid program.
- Be entitled to use of the emergency aid funds with no expectation of repayment.
Contact: Doris Hankins, Director of Student Activities & Campus Life, firstname.lastname@example.org
State Fiscal Recovery Funds (SFRF) – Emergency Financial Aid Assistance Grants
Grant Amount: $ 400.00
Purpose: Provide emergency financial need to students who qualify for California College Promise Grant (CCPG) and have emergency financial need.
How to Apply: Complete the online application (Click here)
Eligibility Requirements: Grants may be awarded to students who self-certify and meet the following criteria:
- U.S. Citizens or eligible non-citizens.
- Currently enrolled in credit or noncredit courses at the California Community College; with 2.0 GPA
- Demonstrate an emergency financial need; and
- Qualify as a low-income by meeting the requirements to receive a California College Promise Grant (CCPG).
Contact: Loan Nguyen, Interim Director of Financial Aid, email@example.com