The Counseling Office is currently closed due to the shelter in place order. We do not yet have a definite reopen date for the campus, however we are continuing to work with students remotely through several methods. The following are avenues of access to reach Counselors: eCounseling, emails to you specific counselor, telephone calls and Zoom (effective April 6th).
● If you would like to utilize our eCounseling service, please click HERE.
● If you are currently working with a specific Counselor, feel free to email them directly. Please feel free to check the Merritt website under Counseling for your Counselor’s email.
● If you would like to reach a general counselor please call (510) 436-2475 and leave a message. Make sure to provide your name, student ID and telephone number with a detailed message.
● Effective April 6, 2020 the Counseling Department will be providing Online appointments via Zoom, where you can see your Counselor through technology. Follow the appointment instructions call (510) 436-2475 someone from the Counseling Office will return your call to schedule the appointment.
● If you are in a Special Program (i.e. EOPS/CARE, Next Up, CalWORKS, SAS) and want to receive counseling through your program, please call the following numbers and leave a message with your name, student ID#, phone number with a detailed message.
1) EOPS (510) 436-2470 or (510) 436-2473
2) CARE (510) 436-2476
3) CalWORKS (510) 436-2468
4) SAS (510) 434-3888
Stay tuned for more updates on our Counseling Services website. Thank you for your patience during this time of transition. We hope you and your families are safe.
Rosa S. Perez and Jose Salceda