Peralta’s Dual Enrollment Program offers high school students an early start on their career technical education and opportunities to earn units toward their college degree. We partner with high schools in Oakland, Berkeley, and Alameda to promote educational equity by offering empowering, transformative educational experiences to local high school students.

For High School Students and Parents

Thank you for your interest in our Dual Enrollment program. We hope you’ll take advantage of this opportunity to get started on your college and career pathway before you graduate from high school.

Here are a few things you should know about Dual Enrollment:

  • For concurrent enrollment students and non-CCAP (College and Career Access Pathways) dual enrollment students, the summer max is 9 units. During fall and spring, it is 11 units.
  • For CCAP dual enrollment students the limit in fall/spring is 15 units and for the summer it is 9 units. For CCAP dual enrollment courses–students can only enroll in the courses listed in the CCAP agreement.
  • High school students are excused from paying tuition and fees for up to 15 units of approved coursework per semester.
  • All courses you take from the college will appear on your permanent college transcript. You may also receive high school credit for these courses. Be sure to check in with your high school counselor to ask about that.
  • Dual Enrollment is meant to help young people get an early start on their Career Technical Education and their path to college graduation. Dual Enrollment does not replace courses that are offered at your high school and you may not take recreational courses under the Dual Enrollment program.

Steps to Dual Enrollment

  1. Talk to your high school guidance counselor to choose a course that will help you reach your educational and professional goals.
  2. Apply to one of the Peralta colleges. Click here for the application.
  3. Complete the High School Special Enrollment form. It needs to be signed by a parent or guardian and a counselor at your high school.
  4. Bring your high school transcript and a photo ID to the Admissions and Records office at the college.
  5. Meet with a college counselor.
  6. Register for classes.

Upload the High School/Special Enrollment Forms and the Merritt College Dual Enrollment Student Registration List for your institution

Dual Enrollment Intake Form

For High School Counselors, Administrators and Teachers

Thank you for your interest in Dual Enrollment. We are pleased to partner with you to offer higher education opportunities to local high school students.

Are you interested in offering Dual Enrollment courses at your school?

Let’s work together to offer Peralta courses that accelerate students’ progress toward careers, certificates, and degrees. Please contact Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs Siri Brown at for additional information.

Are you interested in teaching a Dual Enrollment course?

Thank you for your interest in teaching a Dual Enrollment course at Peralta. Here are some steps you can take to get started:

  1. Communicate with your school’s Dual Enrollment Coordinator.
  2. Check the minimum qualifications for the course(s) you are interested in teaching to make sure you are eligible. Click here for the Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators in California Community Colleges.
  3. Visit the Peralta Human Resources Department website, create an account, search for jobs, and submit an application. Click here for the Peralta Human Resources website.



For Peralta Faculty, Classified Professionals and Administrators

Do you have a question or concern about a current or upcoming Dual Enrollment course?

Please contact Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs Siri Brown at

Would you like to promote a course or a series of courses from your discipline for our Dual Enrollment program?

Contact Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs Siri Brown at for more information on how to expand your dual enrollment offerings.

Resources for Dual Enrollment Faculty

Canvas — Canvas is the official Learning Management System for Peralta. It can be used as an instructional tool, to send announcements and provide feedback to students, to track student’s grades and attendance, and much more. To login, visit portal.peralta.eduClick here for Peralta Faculty Canvas Resources.

Campus Solutions — Campus Solutions is the portal we access to access our course rosters, submit attendance verification, census rosters, and final grades. Click Here to log in.

Mileage Reimbursement Form — Faculty who teach at more than one geographical location in a single instructional day are eligible for mileage reimbursement. Requests shall be submitted monthly. Please note, the District is not required to honor requests submitted 60 days (or more) after the date of travel. (See Article 16: Intra-District Mileage of the PFT Contract for details). Click here to download the 2019 Mileage Reimbursement Form.