Military Drop or Withdrawal

If you are called to active duty during the semester and would like to request a military withdrawal, bring a copy of your orders to Margie Rubio (R113G) and attach them to an MC petition requesting military withdrawal. Upon verification of orders, the “MW” symbol may be given in lieu of a grade at any time after the last day to withdraw without receiving a letter grade (14 weeks). The “MW” shall not be counted in determining progress probation or in calculating grade points for dismissal.

Once approved, MC will withdraw you from your classes and reimburse your tuition. If financial aid is involved, ask the coordinator to determine how your financial aid will be affected. You are responsible for contacting your lender(s) regarding any loan repayment options.

If you are receiving VA education benefits, Margie Rubio (MC VA Certifying Official) will work with the Department of Veterans Affairs regarding your last day of attendance. For additional questions, contact her at 510-436-2581.