Merritt Health & Wellness Services
As a Merritt College student, you are welcome to a full range of medical and mental health services, FREE of charge! During the COVID-19 campus closure, you can access free confidential mental health counseling via Zoom, through your computer, or by phone. Free COVID-19 testing, COVID-19 vaccine shots and many other medical services are available to you from our partner agency, Roots Community Health Centers, at the two East Oakland clinic sites listed below.
FREE Mental Health Services via Zoom or Phone
Make appointments here: https://www.merritt.edu/health/mental-health-services/
- Stress management
- Anxiety, depression, grief, and other emotional challenges
- Recovery from trauma, relationship violence, and abuse
- Addiction counseling and sobriety support
- Referrals for help with material needs like food, housing, and safety
- Assessments for disability accommodations and services
FREE Medical Services from Roots Community Health Centers
Call for an appointment: (510) 633-7077. Services offered:
- COVID-19 Vaccine Shots
- COVID-19 Testing
- Health Navigation and Insurance Eligibility Screening
- First Aid and Supplies (bandages, Tylenol, face masks)
- HIV and Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) Testing
- Tuberculosis (TB) Testing
- Pap Smears
- Pregnancy Testing
- Family Planning and Birth Control
- Flu Shots (seasonal)
- Optometry referrals
- Nurse Practitioner services/exams
- Resources and Referrals
Two Oakland locations to serve Merritt students:
- 7272 MacArthur Blvd.
- 9925 International Blvd.
Learn more about Roots Community Health Clinics: https://rootsclinic.org/
Need Food, Housing, or any other Human Services?
Call: 2-1-1 (free call) answered 24/7
All Services Free of Charge for Peralta Students
For Mental Health Services click here