Consultation is a process of communicating curriculum proposals with colleagues and having acknowledgement and/or discussion of the curriculum proposal.
The following document is designed to present protocols for consultation, allow for increased
communication/collaboration among peers, and build consistency in curriculum across the district. This process cannot account for every consultation circumstance that may arise, yet provides a framework for which discussions may be initiated.
Consultation of courses among Colleges is necessary to ensure:
- Appropriate use of district resources
- Course delivery to students in convenient locations
- Adequate enrollment in all courses at all colleges
- Curriculum taught at more than one college has identical information per UCN policy requirements/state mandates
- There is no unnecessary overlap of curriculum across the district
Situations which require consultation (New or modified programs do not require consultation):
- Requesting to clone a course from another campus, (Cloning course assumptions: Cloner will not change any items that would affect catalog or be a substantial change)
- Developing a new course
- Reactivating a course
- Updating any items in the list below to an existing course
Please use this form any time that you create a new course, clone a course or make changes to course descriptions of existing courses that are offered at the other Peralta Colleges