Business and Real Estate Departments Chair
MBA, Global Management
Merritt College has all the real estate courses required for Real Estate degree and certificate. Merritt College also offers all the real estate courses required for licensing by the California Bureau of Real Estate (CalBRE) online.
For more information, contact professor Mofidi by phone or by e-mail to schedule an appointment.
What work can I get and how much can I earn?
JOB TITLE: Real Estate Agent or Real Estate Broker
- Annual Earnings: $31,540 to $115,550
- What They Do: Rent, buy, or sell property for clients. Perform duties, such as study property listings, interview prospective clients, accompany clients to property site, discuss conditions of sale, and draw up real estate contracts. Includes agents who represent buyer.
JOB TITLE: Property Manager
- Annual Earnings: $38,110 to $189,340
- What They Do: Plan, direct, or coordinate the selling, buying, leasing, or governance activities of commercial, industrial, or residential real estate properties. Includes managers of homeowner and condominium associations, rented or leased housing units, buildings, or land (including rights-of-way).
JOB TITLE: Real Estate Appraiser
- Annual Earnings: $39,410 to $115,550
- What They Do: Appraise real property and estimate its fair value. May assess taxes in accordance with prescribed schedules.