PURPOSE Evaluation of faculty is consistent with the Community Colleges’ mission of educational excellence as required by Section 87663 of the Education Code (Ed Code). The purpose of the evaluation is to benefit the faculty member through peer review. The primary objective is to evaluate the faculty member’s effectiveness in relation to good teaching; currency in the field; department/discipline responsibilities; and effectiveness of service to students, the departments/disciplines, and the college. The evaluation is the joint responsibility of the Administrative Supervisor (referred to herein as Vice President or designee) and the department/discipline faculty. The most positive effects of the evaluation will be obtained at the department/discipline level and accrue to the individual. The evaluation should recognize the accomplishments of faculty and make recommendations for correcting deficiencies.
*This process indicates the best practice of evaluee starting with a self-evaluation as context for the evaluator.
Part-Time, Long-Term Substitute, Tenured Faculty Evaluation Forms
- Administrative Evaluation Form for Librarians
- Cover Sheet for Student Evaluations of Faculty (Non-Tenure Track)
- Evaluee’s Self-Evaluation Report Form
- Library Faculty Reference Observation-Evaluation Form
- Request for Student Evaluation of Librarian
- Improvement Plan (only if necessary)
- Summary Report Form