Peggy DeCoursey with student

Getting Started

Here are a few quick steps to help you get started. Remember, you can always briefly consult with a staff member or counselor during drop-in hours (R-109) or by telephone (510) 436-2429.

Step 1:

If you are new to Peralta colleges, complete the online college application (Apply to Peralta).

Make an appointment for College Orientation (510) 436-2475.

Follow up with an appointment with a Disability Services Program Counselor (510) 436-2429, R-109 – at which time you will need to complete a few required intake forms for the Disability Services Program.

Step 2:

Obtain verification of your disability from a certifying professional for DSP.

This can include a:

  • Medical doctor, Psychiatrist or Psychologist
  • Your High School Individual Education Plan (I.E.P.)/504 Plan
  • Learning Disability Assessment
  • Department of Rehabilitation evaluation

Here is a link to the consent form that needs to completed (click to download PDF)

Here is a link to the other forms you will need to complete in Word Download them and fill them out

Step 3:

Make an appointment with an SAS counselor by calling 510-436-2429.

Your DSP counselor will advise you on any accommodations for which you are eligible based on your disability/ies.