Confidentiality Agreement

Confidential Information

Information about you is confidential. Therefore, it is very important that you provide the most current information about you and your educational history, plans and career goals so that Merritt e-counselors can best meet your needs.

Please read the following statements regarding your online information:

• Per the Family Rights and Privacy Acts, I hereby grant permission for Merritt College e-counselors to release academic information about me.
  • While submitting questions to e-Counseling, I must authentically represent myself in all aspects.
  • I am the student who is contacting e-Counseling. I have provided accurate personal information as well as information about my educational history and goals.
  • I will keep my information current by updating my Passport account.
  • I authorize the e-counselor to view my academic records.
  • I authorize the e-counselor to provide me with information related to my academic records online through the use of the e-Counseling website.

Privacy Protection

Please read the follow statements about your online information:

• I understand that the most important action I can take regarding e-Counseling is to protect my personal information from others.
  • I have provided an accurate and private email address. I understand that the e-counselor will communicate with me solely through this email address.
  • I understand that if I choose to share an email account with another person, that person will have access to my personal and academic information. By sharing an email account, I am authorizing that person’s access to my information, and in essence, giving them access to alter information about me.
  • Using e-Counseling may present a risk to my personal information and Merritt College is not responsible for any harm resulting from this risk.

Student Conduct

Failure to adhere to e-Counseling rules of conduct, etiquette, and guidelines may result in termination of e-Counseling services. Student conduct at Merritt College must conform to district policies and regulations as well as college procedures. Violations of e-Counseling procedures, for which students are subject to disciplinary action, include but are not limited to the following:

• Forgery, alteration, or misuse of college documents, records or identification
  • Tampering with the e-Counseling website, Internet access and software, or misuse of any computer technology
  • Knowingly furnishing false information to the e-Counseling program

Next Step

If you agree to the terms and conditions above, make a note of this password:  ecounselOK      Enter that password when you click here to access our Intake Form and begin the e-Counseling process.