If you currently feel unsafe or need immediate assistance, use these resources 24/7:
- Crisis Support Services of Alameda County: Call 1-800-309-2131 for live 24/7 crisis counseling. More info: https://www.crisissupport.org/
- 2-1-1 Bay Area: Call 2-1-1 from anywhere in the Bay Area for up-to-the-minute referrals for help with food, shelter, medical/mental health care, finances, and legal issues.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255, or in Spanish at 1-888-628-9454. This is a 24-hour crisis hotline for anyone in the country.
- Crisis Text Line: Text “Home” to 741741. Chat through text with a trained Crisis Counselor.
- For all life-threatening emergencies, call 9-1-1
|Services We Offer|
We provide FREE, confidential Personal Counseling for Merritt students needing assistance with:
- Stress management
- Anxiety, depression, grief, and other emotional challenges
- Recovery from trauma, relationship violence, and abuse
- Addiction counseling and sobriety support
- Referrals for help with material needs like shelter, food, and safety
- Assessments for disability accommodations and services
During the COVID-19 shutdown, Personal Counseling is offered via Zoom on your computer or by phone. To request an appointment, email email@example.com and include the following:
- Your full name
- Your Peralta Student ID number
- Your preferred meeting days/times (meetings are about an hour)
- 1-2 sentences about why you are seeking counseling at this time
You will receive an email response within 48 hours, Monday – Friday.
We look forward to meeting you!