1. Why is there a health fee?
Peralta Colleges Student Health Services is dedicated to assisting students to achieve and maintain optimum physical, mental, and emotional health. We are committed to providing quality health care at a reasonable cost.
2. Who is eligible for health services?
All students who pay the health fee will have access to health services at any campus. Students must present their student ID with the current semester sticker.
3. What is the cost of these services?
$ 18 per semester
4. What does my $18 per semester pay for?
- Access to Health Services is supported by the $18.00 health fee paid at time of registration for fall and spring semesters. Additional fees may apply for certain services (lab tests, x-rays, etc.). If you are eligible for public coverage programs (i.e. MediCal, Family PACT, Healthy Families) your services may be
- All Medical and Counseling services provided by any of the four college student health centers and/or services by
- College Health Center and Peralta Wellness Center currently do not accept any direct
5. Are my records confidential?
Your medical records and all discussions with the Student Health Services Staff are completely confidential in accordance with federal HIPAA regulations. Records are only released with written consent of the student, unless required by law.
6. Who will have access to my medical records?
Nurse Practitioners and/or Doctors and counselors who are directly involved with your care will have access to your medical records.
You may request a copy of your records to provide to your medical provider.
7. I already have health insurance; do I still have to pay?
Yes, you are still required to pay if you have health insurance. Campus health services are intended to supplement your present health insurance, and do not cover major medical care such as hospitalization or emergency room fees.
8. I am an international student and I am required to have health insurance to be in this country, do I still have to pay for the Health Fee?
Yes, all students are required to pay the health fee. Paying the health fee will not meet your requirement of having insurance in the United States.
9. I am a part-time student; do I still have to pay the Health Fee?
Yes, all Peralta students are required to pay the health fee.
10. Who is exempt from the Health Fee?
Students may be exempt from the health fee if:
The student is dependent exclusively upon prayer for healing in accordance with the teachings for a bona fide religious sect, denomination, or organization.
The student is attending a community college under an approved apprenticeship training program. Please contact the Office of Student Services at your campus to receive a waiver petition.
11. If I take courses at multiple Peralta campuses, do I have to pay at each campus?
No, you will only be required to pay the health fee once per semester or summer session.
12. Can I access services when the campus is closed (winter break, for example)?
No. Services are provided only when the campuses are open.