Chancellor Jowel Laguerre, accompanied by several Vice Chancellors, will hold a two-hour Open Forum on Thursday, October 6, for all Merritt employees (he will do the same at the other colleges on different dates). According to the Chancellor, the forums will continue the discussion from Fall Flex Day and also give him the opportunity to connect more personally with faculty and staff from the Colleges.
He will address a variety of topics to underscore the broad vision of improving the District in the following areas.
- Improved academic focus – improvement of learning through faculty support.
- Improved services to students through better coordination and planning.
- Improved outreach and enrollment for greater access to our Colleges and success of enrolled students.
- Improved connections with the community and strengthening of social justice by reaching out to the least fortunate in our community and those left behind in the economy.
- Development of advocacy and resources to support our Mission.
This will also be an opportunity to discuss the vision for the establishment of the structure in the District Office.