On behalf of Dr. Jon Murphy, the Student Health Center and the Merritt College Health and Safety Committee, the Great Shakeout Earthquake MANDATORY EVACUATION drill for all students, faculty and staff will be conducted here at Merritt College on Thursday, October 19th at 10:19am.
PLEASE READ ALL OF THE STEPS BELOW IN PREPARATION FOR THE EVACUATION DRILL.
- Please share with all students that it is highly recommended that they view the (mandatory) DROP, COVER and HOLD Video found at the link:
Fire Alarm Sounds
Step II: Drill Instructions for Thursday October 19th at 10:19 AM
- Everybody DROP, COVER, and HOLD as instructed in the video
- Hold and wait until directed to EVACUATE YOUR AREAS.
- Wait for guidance before evacuating your Buildings
- Instructors: Take personal belongings with you
- Instructors: Remind students to take belongings when exiting
- All Buildings Must Be Evacuated to Outside Locations as directed by Building Monitors
- Depicted on the attached Evacuation 1-Pager-Schematic
Step III: Return to Buildings?
- Only After Your Incident Command Team Member Directs you to do so
- He/She will Announce “All Clear for Re-entry” to all building monitors