Admissions and Records Home
Welcome to Merritt College! The Admissions and Records Offices provides services to students at all levels interested in furthering their education, whether you need help enrolling or obtaining a transcript. See application and enrollment instructions below for New, Former, Continuing, and High School students. You can also visit the Welcome Center in the R Building where friendly staff will be happy to help you.
For New and Former* Students
Steps to Apply
Fill out the application form and then wait 24 to 48 hours to receive an email giving you the date you can start enrolling in your classes. You will also receive a Student Number, a PIN number, and PASSPORT account that you will need to enroll. Please make a note of these numbers for future reference. *(Former students are those who have not attended any Peralta college in the past two semesters and will need to reapply.)
Steps to Take Before Enrolling for Classes
1. Orientation (in person or online). Attend a mandatory Orientation to get familiar with the college and services.
2. Assessment. Schedule Assessment for English and Math to determine your class level.
3. Counseling. Make an appointment for Counseling to get your Assessment results, develop an education plan, and get help selecting classes.
4. Financial Aid. If you have financial needs, apply for the FAFSA form online or go to the Financial Aid Office in the R Building.
5. Enrollment. Enroll in your classes online HERE using your new PIN Number and Passport number or go to Admissions & Records for help in the R Building.
6. Pay Your Fees. Pay your fees at least two weeks before classes start either online or at the Cashier’s Office (Q-228).
If you have attended any of the Peralta colleges within the last two semesters, you are considered a Continuing student and you do not need to apply. Just log in to your Passport Student Account with your previous log-in information and begin registering for classes!
High School Students
High school students have the opportunity to take college-level classes and get college credit for them in the Concurrent Enrollment Program. High school students may also participate in Dual-Enrollment Programs taught at selected high schools by Merritt professors. For information, call (510) 436-2409.