SLO information for faculty
Upcoming Taskstream workshops:
DAY: Every Wednesday 10:00-11:00 in R29 (TLC)
EVENING: Every-other Monday (Feb. 10, Feb 24, Mar. 10, Mar. 24, Apr. 7, Apr. 21, & May 5)
5:00-6:00 in R29 (TLC)
The Assessment Process for Courses:
In order to assess your course(s) you will need to do the following six steps. Each step has a pdf file associated with it that will take you through the steps involved for each task:
- Set up a taskstream account at https://www1.taskstream.com. You will need to use the Merritt College Key Code TaskStream_Key_Code. Once your account is set up you will need to email the SLOAC chair, Jennifer Shanoski, with the names of the courses that you need to edit.
- Input your course SLOs. For most courses this step is already complete so this step can be skipped. Adding SLOs
- Describe your assessment plan. This is a description of what you plan to do in order to determine whether or not students have achieved the desired outcome. Adding an Assessment Plan
- Describe your assessment results. Describe the results of the assessment. How many students met your expectations? What aspect of the problem/topic/assignment did the students understand well and what did they need to work on more? You will need to determine whether or not you are satisfied with the results for the outcome as measured. Adding Assessment Findings
- Describe your actions to improve learning. Based on the results that you measured, how will you improve in the future? If you are happy with the results, is there any way for you to expand your success in this area to other areas? Are your expectations high enough for the students? This is a place to reflect on your findings and make improvements. Adding Actions
- Provide a status update. Once you have had a chance to implement changes, go back and record them.
Adding Status Report
It is sometimes easier to describe your assessment work outside of taskstream. A word file has been created which mimics the prompts in taskstream. You can fill this out offline and then cut an paste your responses into taskstream using the directions given above. Assessment Plan