Mission & Goals
The mission of Merritt College is to enhance the quality of life in the communities we serve by helping students to attain knowledge, master skills, and develop the appreciation, attitudes and values needed to succeed and participate responsibly in a democratic society.
To accomplish its Mission, the college provides open access to excellent instructional programs and comprehensive support services in a culturally rich, caring and supportive learning environment. Our purpose is to provide opportunities for lifelong learning, contribute to the economic growth of our communities while assisting students to attain degrees and certificates, earn credits to transfer, and develop the skills necessary to complete their educational goals.
Merritt College Core Values
- Student Success – We provide challenging and rigorous learning experiences that support the academic and personal success of our students.
- Caring Spirit – We genuinely care about every member of our campus community.
- Teamwork and Inclusion – We encourage everyone to participate in college governance and assume responsibility for acting on our shared commitment to provide exceptional learning experiences.
- Campus Climate – We strive to create a student-centered learning environment that leads to student retention, persistence and success.
- Diversity – We honor and respect the different backgrounds, experiences, languages, values and cultures of everyone at the college.
Merritt College Vision
Merritt College will . . .
- Create learning experiences that stimulate intellectual curiosity and empower students to communicate effectively, think creatively, and embrace their potential.
- Prepare students to become the future leaders of our interconnected global society.
- Engage the community as an active participant and resource through creative partnerships.