Disability Services Program Home
Here at the Disability Services Program we are here to help you with classroom accommodations and to assist you in taking charge of your own success!
Our mission is to:
• Empower students with disabilities for success.
• Provide services to minimize the limiting effects of a disability.
• Advocate for the needs and rights of students with disabilities.
• Create a “level playing field” in the classroom.
Our goals are to:
• Focus on the true ability of students.
• Determine and provide individualized accommodations.
• Foster equal treatment through all Merritt College Programs.
• Promote awareness of disability rights and the philosophy of equal access.
Please be aware that all continuing Disability Services Program students must request accommodations in advance of each semester.
All continuing students must also meet with their counselor at least twice
each semester. We look forward to seeing you.