- Take a rigorous two-course English class sequence (English 201 in Fall semester and English 1A in Spring semester) from a Puente-trained teacher. The writing courses integrate Latino topics and Latino literature.
- Take a personal development course in Fall and Spring semesters, which provide career and major development, team building, and transfer preparation.
- Work closely with Puente-trained counselors to prepare their educational plans and remain focused on their academic goals.
- Participate in activities with mentors from the professional community.
- Participate in educational fieldtrips, including 4-year college visits.
- Communicate with the Puente teacher and counselor for support with their educational endeavors.