Incoming Athletes Info
Merritt College Soccer 2014 Season
Practice (Bring running shoes and cleats)
June 16-July 24-1:00pm-3:00pm (Mon/Wed only)
July 28-August 1st week completely off
August 4-August 28th-(Mandatory) 1:00pm-3:00 (Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs)
August 29th- First official game
August 18th-First day of class
(1) Must be enrolled in 12 units (9 academic) for the fall semester to be eligible to play.
(2) Must be enrolled in Athletics 30 (43099) Mon-Fri 1-3pm to be eligible to play.
(3) Must attend every practice to be eligible to play.
Same as freshman eligibility, but in addition…
Must have completed 24 units (18 academic) by the end of Summer 2014 with a 2.0 GPA.
Steps to Enroll
1) Register at www.peralta.edu. Click apply+Enroll, then Apply for Admissions and follow all of the steps. If you have questions ask me.
2) As soon as Peralta emails you with a student ID number, call for an orientation and assessment. Call (510) 436-2562 and have your student ID number to set these up.
3) Take your assessment and orientation and they will instruct you how to sign up for classes and meet with a counselor. You must bring a valid photo ID and show up 15 minutes early for assessment and orientation. Our counselor’s name is Angela Khoo. email@example.com
4) Sign up for financial aid at www.fafsa.ed.gov to receive federal student aid.
Call, text or email me if you have any questions.