Curriculum Committee Home
As a standing committee of the Merritt College Faculty Senate, the CIC is responsible for the review and approval of curriculum. After curriculum committee approval, curriculum requests move through to the Vice President of Instruction, the Council of Instructional Planning and Development (CIPD) and the Board of Trustees. Merritt College Faculty Senate Page
- Review proposals for new courses and programs, course and program revisions and deactivations.
- Participate in the program review and accreditation review processes.
- Review and recommend changes in the general education and graduation requirements.
- Review course proposals for alignment with articulation requirements.
- Recommend procedures and policies affecting curriculum.
- Review and recommend changes to the college catalog.
We are in the process of updating the page, so please keep checking back.
Please email our chair Ann Elliott (email@example.com) or curriculum specialist Clifton Coleman (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions.
- Statewide Curriculum site
- The Fifth Edition of the Program and Course Approval Handbook
(California Community College Chancellor’s Office)
- Program and Course Approval Process Manual
(Peralta Community College District)