Curriculum Development – Curriculum and Instructional Council (CIC) Home
Due to a server error, the Curriculum Development – Curriculum and Instructional Council (CIC) page was deleted. Please check back for continued updates on curriculum development, CIC agendas and minutes, and more.
– Coming Soon
CurricUNET META is Here!
- Start by reading the Logging In section below.
- Review the Working in META Training Workshop slides and/or watch the Logging In and Finding Courses/Programs training video found in the Companion Guides and Training Videos section below. These will give you a general sense of how to navigate META.
Once you are ready to build a proposal:
- Download the Merritt College CurricUNET META Proposal Types and Course Proposal Components Quick Guide to reference while building. These are both in the Companion Guides and Training Videos section.
- Review any sections of the training videos and/or user manual applicable to the proposal you are trying to build.
Current Constraints/Pending Updates
Companion Guides and Training Videos
Use this exact web address in your broweser’s address bar. Do not type “www.” in front of the web address. Searching in Google may also return the old site in the results.
Your CurricUNET META username is the full email address you used when you set up your original CurricUNET account. This is usually your peralta.edu address. However, you may have used a personal email when you set up the account. If your peralta.edu email does not work, try any probable personal email accounts. Contact the curriculum chair or specialist if you are still unable to find the correct email address.
Your password is the same password you used in the previous CurricUNET. It may not be the same as your regular Peralta password (though you can change it to match if you prefer.) If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot your Password? link on the META page.
Overview of New Features and Current Constraints
- Updated interface.
- More directions and help buttons for proposal fields.
- Easily accessible review of proposal status and approval comments.
- Easier revision/re-submission of proposals when sent back for review.
- Functional Course Impact report that informs faculty of all courses and programs for which the course is a requisite or requirement.
- Enhanced ability to create agendas and reports.
- Ability to create a State Chancellor’s Office Program Narrative report for submission of programs (instead of creating a separate Word document.)*
- Course Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) that are part of a degree or certificate are now mapped to Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs). Courses that are not part of a degree or certificate are still mapped directly to Institutional Learning Outcomes (ILOs). (If updating SLOs in courses that are part of a degree or certificate, please use the SLO-PLO Mapping Worksheet below and attach it in the Attached Files section.)
- All course outlines and programs of study are now in HTML format. They will need to be printed or saved as a PDF from your browser.
Current Constraints/Pending Updates
- DE addendums are not yet available. However, faculty are able to create distance education proposals at this time. DE information can be found inside the course proposal or in the All Fields report.**
- SLO reports are not yet available. However, SLOs can be found on the bottom of the Outcome Outline report.**
- Fee-based course templates are not yet available. Fee-based courses cannot be built at this time.**
- Course cloning is not available.*
- District functionality is not yet available, meaning that users and approvers will see courses/programs from all four colleges. Please see the Working in META Training Workshop slides, Training Videos or User Manual for information on how to search/sort in META.**
- Approvers will receive email messages for proposals from all four colleges.**
- Microsoft Word versions of the course reports (outlines) and programs of study are not available.*
- Approvals and proposals from the fall 2015 term are still be entered/moved through the approval process. Since there was no submit button or ability to enter proposals in CurricUNET last term, we are working to update them to the current status.
*timeline/availability of update pending
**scheduled to be available mid-spring 2016
|META Training Resources
Working in META Training Workshop slides – PDF
Start here for a brief overview of META
Merritt College CurricUNET META Proposal Types – PDF
Use this to help you choose which type of proposal to create
Course Proposal Components Quick Guide – Word
Use this as your companion guide when creating a course proposal. It provides further details on the components and fields in the course proposal form
- Distance Education (DE) Addendum Example – coming soon
Example of distance education proposal and responses to questions in the Distance Education and Instructor-Student Contact areas of the course proposal form
- SLO-PLO Mapping Template – Word
For courses that are part of a degree or certificate, use this template to map your course Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) to the program’s Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs). Please use a separate template for each program. Attach the template(s) in the Attached Files section of the course proposal form.
Unsure if the course is part of a program/which programs?
The Course Impact report for the course will list any applicable programs.
Courtesy of Annie Agard and the Laney curriculum committee
Links open a new tab and take you to the Laney curriculum page
- Building a New Course
Note: see the Merritt College CurricUNET META Proposal Types PDF (left) to find the correct proposal type for Merritt
- Updating a Course
Note: see the Merritt College CurricUNET META Proposal Types PDF (left)- to find the correct proposal type for Merritt
|User Manual – PDF
You may download manual chapters or the complete user manual below. Keep in mind the full manual is 190 pages. We have split it up into digestible chapters so you can easily find the information. Note that some forms and fields may be different in the manual.
META User Manual – Complete (190 pages)