Associated Students of Merritt College Home
Associated Students of Merritt College is the student body government organization of the college comprised of students and their elected and appointed student officers.
Our goal is to give a voice to all Merritt College students allowing them to become part of the college community. Some of our major responsibilities include:
- Appointing students to campus-wide committees.
- Being a part of the shared governance process in the development of college policies and annual budget
- Adopting and overseeing use of an annual budget
- Allocating funds for new programs and projects
- Granting club charters
- Providing and administering a program of activities and services for students.
ASMC builds student leadership skills, advocates for student success, and provides students with extracurricular opportunities in student government, ASMC activities, clubs, and more.
We urge you to come to our meetings, be a part of ASMC, and have a say in the decision-making at your college!